Happy Sunday Everyone! Welcome to my blog, and as always thank you for reading. After a crazy week, I wanted to take some time to relax, and reflect. The true R&R. On not only my week, or things that I did, or still have to do, but who I am, and to give you all a bit of an inside look.
Some of you that know me personally know that I can be a bit of an introvert at times. (Quick tip: pour four shots of espresso into my mouth to peel me out of my shell in a jiffy.) I am quite content with living as I do, introverted or extroverted. I am not one to share every detail of my personal life with everyone. Although you may catch more of a glimpse of my life than I would personally share, via my husband. He’s a sharer. Also I am more than my instagram, or Facebook. As is everybody. So here are some things you just may not know about me…
- I procrastinate. Most of you probably know this. I will sit at home in my bathrobe under the covers, even though I have to be somewhere in 20 minutes. I will then attempt to put on a full face of makeup, and arrange my hair in a fashion that looks semi decent in said time. I feel as though I can use the excuse that I get pulled out of bed at 4:30 every morning to go to work. Although that can only work for so long right? Or maybe I’m just lazy. But then again, I do quite a bit during the day. So that’s not it. I’m going to sum it down to being overwhelmed by all the things I have to accomplish, that I become paralyzed, as does my motivation.
- When I was younger, I sucked my thumb every second I could. I carried a blanket around with me everywhere I went, just like the little boy from Charlie Brown. I called it my “Woobie”. It was one of those blankets that had the silk ends. I had that darn thing until I was at least 12 years old. The habit was one of the hardest to break. Sometimes if I’m really drunk, and passed out, my husband may say the next morning that I slept like a baby with my thumb in my mouth. But hey I cannot control what I do when I drunk sleep.
- I love everything spicy! Everything! Hot sauce is my best friend. The first hot sauce ever introduced to me was Texas Pete. From then on it was hot sauce on everything. Mashed potatoes, sure. Mac & Cheese, why not. Now I am all about Sriracha. Tabasco sauce is old news.
- I hate phone calls. When I was younger all I did was memorize my friends home phone numbers, and dial their number after I had just seen them, and talk to them for hours. But then cell phones came about, and everyone started texting, and phone calls became obsolete. Also nowadays when someone calls you, it’s never who you want it to be. So whenever my phone rings, I don’t even bother to look at it.
- I am blessed to say that I have no food allergies, or health issues. Knock on wood though, right? Pray for me know that I took the time to jinx myself by typing it out.
- I have never been on a plane. Not that they scare me, or that I’ve never had the chance. I have just never wanted to travel, wherever my opportunities have been to, by plane. I almost prefer the mishaps, and stories you can get from a long road trip by car.
- I have only had five boyfriends in my entire life. All of my previous relationships lasted for 6 months or more. Longest being 6 years. That did not leave much room for dating around, or creating that thing the kids these days call Tinder?
- When I was younger, my dream job(s) was to either become a lawyer, cop, or fashion designer. Just covering all my bases.
- I hate having to repeat myself. Go ahead, insert your opinion on why I shouldn’t have kids, yada yada. I’m great with kids. It’s when I have to repeat myself to grown adults, it’s then that I want to flip tables.
- I do not care for sports. Football, nope. Basketball, not really. Golf, snore. Although I have been to at least 4 Celtics games.
- I took Spanish for three years in high school, and have nothing to show for it. I could have probably retained the information better if I wasn’t staring at my high school boyfriend the entire time.
- I have an extreme potty mouth when driving. I’m sorry if I offend you when I am behind the wheel, but then again, it’s my car. Get out.
- I have seen every episode of Greys Anatomy & The Office (American version), and yes I still watch both over, and over again. Along with This Is Us, Santa Clarita Diet, & American Horror Story.
- My meanest moment in life was probably when I decided that my best friends eyebrows were “too bushy”, and I proceeded to shave them off for her. She could have been the next Cara Delevingne. Yes she continued to stay friends with me, thank heavens.
- I was a Jazz & Hip Hop dancer for five years. I can break it down.
- I had braces for one year, and had them taken off early, as I moved away from my Orthodontist, and didn’t get a new one. So my teeth still aren’t perfect.
- I will not wear leggings as pants. As no one should, unless they are going to the gym, or a yoga class. They are called Yoga Pants for a reason people! If you do wear them as so, cover your butt. Even if you have the perfect booty, still not very fashionable.
- I have 18 tattoos, and haven’t gotten one in two years.
- My favorite author is F. Scott Fitzgerald. My favorite movie director is Baz Luhrmann, which is why my two favorite movies are The Moulin Rouge, and The Great Gatsby. Favorite color always changes, but tends to be light blue, or a sage color. But I wear black mostly as if I’m a hot mess that day, and spill my burrito, or coffee, it won’t show.
- My favorite class in high school was chemistry. My teacher was easy on the eyes too, so that helped.
- I have been offered Cocaine on more occasions than I’d like, and have always refused. To paranoid for that sh**. Also a bit of a health nut and appreciate my body so I wouldn’t like to inflict harm on it. Not even once for true thrill.
- My favorite dish, which my husband cooks for me more often than I think he’d like, is lemon chicken. YUM!
- I am near sited. I need my glasses while driving, don’t listen to my excuses! I won’t be able to see a road sign 10 feet ahead of me without them.
- I prefer to have a close knit group of good friends, than having a swarm of half strangers that barely know me.
- I have seven nieces, and one nephew. I love them all.
I could go on, and on, as there are a million little details, and facts about me I don’t always share. I believe in taking the time to discover who you are as a human, and once in a while letting your guard down, and letting people get to know the real you. It feels very refreshing.