If you’re anything like me, then you absolutely adore the first snow of the season. When everything is covered in white. Where the snow falls slow, and heavy. I don’t know about you, but it helps me get more into the Christmas spirit. Everyone has their own ways of ringing in the holiday season. Below I’ve listed my all time favorite things to do, not only for the first Snow, but for the entire season as well.
- Adventuring in the first Snow of the season. Choosing a few local places to travel to, snapping some photos, and enjoying the beauty of mother nature.
- Bundling up & watching movies. Christmas movies or not, putting movies on, and staying warm indoors is always heavenly.
- Addressing Christmas cards. Putting my calligraphy to the test while addressing my annual Christmas cards.
- Drinking Eggnog.
Put a cinnamon stick, and some nutmeg on the top, and I’m happy.
- Spending time with family. Family is very important to me, and people shouldn’t just appreciate, or acknowledge their families just around the holidays. Family time is important all year round. Call your mother or father!
- Going ice skating. A new ice rink opened up a few years back here in Portland, and it’s lit with beautiful lights, and has a warming hut. Making for the perfect holiday activity.
- Baking cookies. Baking cookies, or baking anything during the holiday season is a guaranteed way to get in the spirit.
- Attending an ugly Christmas sweater party. Everyone should have an ugly Christmas sweater. Giving us all a reason to gather, and enjoy some hard eggnog.
- Celebrating Christmas morning. Celebrating Christmas this year, will be our first Christmas as husband and wife, and I couldn’t be happier. Whatever we may do that day.
- Whipping up some homemade hot cocoa. I’ve always had a sweet tooth, so hot cocoa should actually be #1 on this list. Also it tastes way better when you put effort into making it. I’ve attached a recipe for some delicious homemade hot cocoa.